Monday, June 15, 2009

Color Inspiration

SO. There are two things I love to do on the internets: read the news and peruse design blogs. And, of course, over the past couple of months, I've also been looking at oodles of wedding blogs BECAUSE I'M GETTING MARRIED. YESSSSSSSSS. Anyway, one of the many sites I frequent, 100 Layer Cake, has an archive of color inspiration boards. These are meant for weddings, but I'm discovering that they are also a totally awesome source of inspiration for home decor. And because I LOVE to make collages in MS Paint (the caveman version of anything Adobe), I figured I could finally do something with my collaging talent...post it on my small-time blog!


Fun, huh? I just can't decide. I wish I had 15 houses and/or weddings so that I could use these different palates. Ah, and don't fret: these are only a smattering of the color inspiration boards that 1LC has posted. In fact, here's another set I threw together:

I especially love the turquoise and yellow combo at the top of this one. I would try to pull that off in my own apartment, but it would probably end up looking like an army of Lemon Drops laid siege to a mystical underwater colony of glittering mermaids and their mermen protectors. Yikes.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love the second one. Lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. yessss! my kitchen is yellow, sky blue and white! i really like the turquoise though.. really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules. . . I just miss you! When you are done with all this wedding junk, lets be married friends, and we can go crash Kira's apt and it'll be just the like good ol' branbury days! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the lemon drops and mermaids. Color schemes..it's like playing dress-up with a whole house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll look great in your wedding photo! Good luck with all the wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love black & rust colors....awesome..
    it's like playing dress-up with a whole house....
    thanks for sharing..

    --
    Reenee
    Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems

    ReplyDelete