Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Condolences

Hello, all. Because I have just begun blogging, I'm actually writing entries rather frequently.

I'm sure this will not hold up long, so enjoy this while you can. (And YES, it will be enjoyable).

Ahem, moving on, I'd like to dedicate this post to my sister-in-law, Sarah, who is scheduled to deliver her third child (Joshua David Moore) next week.

Sarah's visit to the doctor brought good and bad news.

The GOOD news is: little baby Joshua seems healthy and projected to weigh over 9 and a half pounds!

The BAD news is: little baby Joshua is projected to weigh OVER 9 AND A HALF POUNDS.

Okay, and there's one more personal note of good news: Aha! I have found the single flaw of Sarah's enviably-small frame...it is not conducive to birthing behemoth babies!


Now, let me be clear, I've never given birth to a child. And, no, I will not pretend to know what it feels like. But, when the baby's weight is about 10% of your own body weight , I doubt this whole labor and delivery process is going to be as delightful as, say, a Saturday matinee.

So, in short, pray for Sarah, folks. And pray for that linebacker baby, the one who is going to bless our lives with mammoth adorability. The one is going to make our arms sore from cradling him. The one who is going to make the Moore's/Nickel's ache with love for him, something that each baby so far has been magically capable of doing. How DO they do that?

2 comments:

  1. That picture makes my belly look small.

    S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. she does not look like she has a 9lb baby in her belly!

    p.s
    wedding updates, please.

    ReplyDelete