Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wretched Lonesome

So, Sloan left today for Seattle.

He's going up there a week early to help landscape the yard for the wedding while I stay and work for another week.

I miss him dreadfully.

Okay, so he's only been gone for about 7 minutes from when I started this post, but I miss him more than I anticipated at this point in the separation.

Now, I don't cry too often (only when my clothes don't fit or I can't figure out how to work the DVD player), so when I imagined Sloan leaving this week for Bainbridge, I figured I'd shed a solid, somber tear in the face of his departure, and then move on to my more independent, womanly duties such as watching Daisy of Love and rearranging the furniture over and over again. Essentially, as I would watch Sloan pull away in his Jeep for the Great Pacific Northwest, I envisioned myself reacting like this (aren't I pretty?):

But I do not feel like that. That is not how I feel. I FEEL LIKE THIS:

NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW I JUST WANT HIM BACK HERE YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ONLY SLOAN DOES COME BAAAAAACK!

Sob.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Jules! Wish I were there with you! Separation sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing at your pain!!!! because that picture is so perrrrrfectly exactly just precisely how it feels!!

    Do you kinda wander around the apartment, and pick something up, then put it back down, then start crying again? and do your hands and arms kinda ache, and it feels like there's an elephant sitting on your chest, making it hard to breathe? And you try and get mad because at least then you'd stop crying already but it doesn't work so then you cry some more?

    ah, yes.

    Watch something stupid on TV until your brain falls out then go to sleep. And for heavens sake, put that ice cream back, you have a wedding dress to fit into.

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww :( So lonely. I'll try and grow a foot and a pair and be your man for the week. Wait, no. That's one of those weird, awkward things to say, and I take it back. You'll just have to deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha how sad....NOT! p.s. Lindsay and Adam bought a house. it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant stand husband leaving me when he goes to work. it's really sad. ..... im really sad. after i got married, my independence was gone. i became incredibly dependent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya Jules. . . I went home to STG the whole week before we got married and Jared didn't get there till like 2 days before, I was not a happy camper, and I think my family was glad to finally get rid of me when we got married! :)

    ReplyDelete