Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fort. Night. Anniversary!

So, today (as I'm sure most of you already know) is Sloan and mine's two week anniversary...in other words, we've been wed for a fortnight. I decided to surprise him with a HAPPY FORTNIGHT ANNIVERSARY dinner.

I did what any newlywed would do on this occasion: I went to Zurchers (party store), looking for medieval party supplies. The girl that was helping me thought I was a bit weird, but she was polite. I found a plastic breastplate, shield, helmet, and sword (and yes, I squealed with delight with each item I found. That place is AWESOME!).

I then I got some mutton from a local deli (OKAY IT WASN'T REALLY MUTTON, it was just lamb kabobs from a Greek restaurant). Also, I couldn't find any stores that carried Meade, so we settled for goblets of Dr. Pepper. And apparently, there were no wenches for hire to serve us our feast, which is what I think would have made it feel really authentic.

Sloan was a good sport and put on the armor, even though he had NO idea what was going on, and I brought him into the kitchen for our dinner.


And here's my knight in shining armor enjoying his pseudo medieval meal (aka, being a good sport):


Love you, you manly man.

10 comments:

  1. Does sloan know he married a "special" girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaaaha. i love this. and i love the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool BUT, there is something a lot closer to mead than Dr. Pepper. There's quite a few things actually (many of which are only sold by the state in Utah). Also, I think there ARE wenches for hire. Craigslist (at least until recently) had a whole section of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! That is really cute. Question: Was the princess crown for Sloan to wear with his armor? By the way, I love the tablecloth and plates. I have a cool plate that I got in Mexico that has a similar design to your tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahahaha loved the story, and the pictures make it that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dinner...and that tablecloth!! You have impeccable taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a meal!! Who knew you could cook? Go figure. I'll be expecting more help in the kitchen when you visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA! How awesome! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete