Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Lost Source of Entertainment

I've worked at a few places in my life (most people can say this). I've liked all of them (most people can't say this, I think). My last place of employment, we'll call it...Shower Renovations...my desk was mostly around girls. I really didn't mind the job; my boss was great, the pay was decent, and the work was interesting. However, in the course of that job, I had to interact with two coworkers whom most people would refer to as sad and crazy.
Now, not to pull the redneck card, but I'm from TENNESSEE, so I know a backwards girl when I see one (sixth sense). And, well, Shower Renovations had two. BETTER YET, they fit the typical profile of the frenemy relationship. We'll call them Brenna and Mandy. Come, discover.
Exhibit A: "Brenna"
This is the self-proclaimed alpha female. Bleached hair and a, well, husky build are her driving force. A high-pitched voice and little-to-no intellect complete this character. The typical topic of conversation for a Brenna is some sort of complaint. Anything from the weather to car trouble to imaginary boyfriends, pessimism is the key.
It is important to remember, however, that this female cannot operate independently. She is much like a virus, in need of a host. Or maybe it's the other way around? Eh, whatever. Moving...on.
Exhibit B: "Mandy"
Ah, the Brain to her frenemy's Pinky. Smaller, mousier, more alert, "Mandy" is behind the wheel. Careful to toddle behind the Brenna, so as not to get trampled (literally), Mandy places the manipulative remark when she needs Brenna to unwittingly do her bidding. She needs the attitude and manpower to further her own ambitions.

The dynamics of coworker frenemies is even more interesting to consider because their employment ties sweeten the pot (sour for them) when they are on the outs. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE PART OF THE JOB.
Sadly, now I work at a better-paying, nicer, more relaxing job where people act...well...mature. Where can I get my crazy fix? For now, I'm forced to try to read about drama between people on the internet that I don't know.
I NEED MY CRAZY FIX.
I! NEED! MY! CRAZY! FIX!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, then just watch the new season of "The Hills". Kristen Cavalleri is back. The first episode was so ridiculously Laguna Beach High School again that I don't think I will ever watch another episode, which probably makes Jason happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you have a Walmart anywhere near you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha...Seriously...I can name a few people that fit both of these "types"... SOOO beautifully put!

    ReplyDelete