Monday, November 16, 2009

I Told You So: A Daily Utterance

On Saturday, Sloan and I found a washer/dryer set on Craigslist. The price was right, so we decided to go to the owner's house to check them out live in living color. OH AND GUESS WHAT: we kinda bickered. And everyone knows that "we kinda bickered" actually means "Julia tried to pick a fight." Participate in the magic:
Julia: (on the way to the car) If we decide to buy them do we need to find a truck to borrow?
Sloan:
Don't think so. I can get them in the Jeep.
Julia:
What? No way, baby. These are major appliances.
Sloan:
They'll fit.
Julia:
Glancing into the rear windows of the car. No way. I've never heard of someone hauling a washer or dryer in a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Sloan:
You mean a washer and dryer. Both. At the same time. I'll put the back seats down.
Julia: OH and putting the seats down will open up some sort of vacuous portal through which we can fit an infinite number of washers and dryers? We just need a truck.
Sloan:
Get in. We don't need a truck.
Julia: Even if they DID both fit, it'd be a matter of inches. Your spatial reasoning cannot be that good.
Sloan: We'll see. Get in.
Later...at the seller's home
Sloan:
They look good. We'll take them.
Dude Selling the Washer/Dryer:
Cool. When do you want to come back to haul them?
Sloan: We can take them now in my Jeep.
DSTW/D:
Your...Jeep? Will they fit?
Julia:
THAT'S WHAT I SAID
Ten minutes later, after hauling them down a flight of stairs and out to the Jeep, and turning the washer/dryer in all sorts of directions:
Sloan: (huffing and puffing) There.
Julia: (jaw dropped) Wow. They...really fit.
DSTW/D: (jaw dropped) Wow. They...really fit.
Sloan: (already in the car) Let's go! It's cold!

4 comments:

  1. lesson learned. never question sloan. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that once (this is Jason) and ended up making two trips with a borrowed truck... ok it was just a blazer, not ever a jeep-but I had to make two trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to call you when I decide to move. bring your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men are just right. In marriage its more of a curse than a blessing, really.

    ReplyDelete