Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CAN WE BUILD IT? No.

Julia: Where's the hand saw?
Sloan: reading a book Um, no way.
Julia: BABAY I've been thinking about it and I want to saw the book case in half and stack the two halves next to each other.
Sloan: Nope. It won't happen.
Julia: Yes. It will happen. Where is the saw?
Sloan: I'm not telling you because I don't support this. We JUST bought that bookcase and it looks fine.
Julia: digging through his tool box AHA! Found it.
Sloan: You don't understand. Even if you have the strength to do it, it's not going to be straight. Sawing isn't as easy as it is in cartoons.
Julia: goes into the other room and saws. and saws. for like an hour. then stacks the two halves next to each other with a dishtowel shoved under the corner of one. which also has two broken shelves now.
Sloan: walks in BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Julia: sheepish and sweaty Are you mad? Are you insane with anger?
Sloan: This looks worse than what I was picturing. HEY I HAVE AN IDEA! Let's saw the tv in half! It would be innovative and stylish!
Julia: I get it. I'm an idiot.
Sloan: Ooooh, or we could saw the jeep in half and have TWO CARS!!
Julia: walks away...and another shelf falls out of the bookcase

5 comments:

  1. oh this is too good. jules..honestly. this is hilarious..and yes i AM laughing WITH you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could come saw jason's fish tank in half...then it would hold water which would allow me to get the HUGE MONSTROSITY out of my apartment

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, pictures please. Julia, I love reading your blog. Keep posting. Keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete