Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Failure of the Mind

Last night as I was falling asleep, I was kind of turning images over in my head, a habit I picked up while working toward (but not getting) my master's in poetry. Sometimes, the images are pretty cool. SO COOL, in fact, that I think that I should write them down the next morning. Most of them turn out to suck, but at least they're pretty coherent. I think I was a little too close to falling into my dream state last night, because these are the words I wrote down to remember this apparently AWESOME poem I was going to pen:
Jesus
broken sea glass
cheese wheels
Don Quixote
white roses

reindeer
Seriously, white roses? That's just stupid.

4 comments:

  1. It's kind of like that poem "Easter Wings" in that it's vaguely shaped like a rose. Or a conical cheese wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right when you fall asleep is the time when your mind produce brilliant ideas. true story. i think einstein might have even said that once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. now i'm going to have to clean the milk that shot out my nose off the keeyboard.

    I was doing fine until...Don Quixote. What were you thinking?!

    ReplyDelete