Sunday, February 28, 2010

Muumuu: A Love Story

Thanks be to Wikipedia for the spelling, background, and pop cultural reference list.
Muumuu, I know you...intimately. Of Hawaiian descent, I know you are ancient. I know you are embraced by the pregnant and the obese because you "do not restrict the waist." I know that you are regularly sold in thrift stores and Family Dollar. I know you are my go-to while I vacuum, do the laundry, and eat salt and vinegar chips while watching Teen Mom. I know that with you, I will feel a draft.
I know that you have formed belligerent relationship with my husband BUT HE WILL NOT COME BETWEEN US, MUUMUU. Because you are my rock. You take me as I am, whether 115 lbs or 150 lbs. You, muumuu, take me as I am. And for this, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good heavens. Now I really need to see a photo of you in said muumuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you really have and wear a MuuMuu?? I wore one two years ago for halloween, and still have it. I should get a cool one for the next time I'm preggie and wear it all the time.
    ps. the pic cracks me up. two skinny cute girls wearing MuuMuu's just doesn't look right.

    ReplyDelete