Friday, May 7, 2010

Math! So Hard!

The Scene: Home. Sloan and I are trying to calculate my paid time off for the year as we schedule flights to Memphis and Seattle.

Sloan: K, so if we take five days for Tennessee in July, then you should have nine left...I think.
Julia: And Christmas will take three more days.
Sloan: No, four.
Julia: THREE, honey. I remember the dates.
Sloan: Uh, yeah, I remember the dates too.
Julia: December 20th through the 23rd, baby. THREE DAYS.
Sloan: FOUR. DAYS. IT'S FOUR DAYS. COUNT WITH YOUR FINGERS.
Julia: Shut up! I'M NOT AN IDIOT. storms off. then silently counts the days on her fingers. Oh..dear.

4 comments:

  1. just use the excuse that it is a leap year and there is one extra day. Works for mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you can admit it publicly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chief- it is not a leap year.

    count with your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of when you got you wisdom teeth out. Julia-"Ask me any math question! ANY math question! I'm fine. Really!"
    Mom- "Julia, you hate math."
    Julia-"No, really!"

    ReplyDelete