Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Maternity Photos!!

Literally thousands of people have been asking me to post pictures of my embarrassing weight gain baby belly, but I knew that if I were going to ever take pictures and post them on my highly-trafficked blog, I had to put a lot of creativity into making me the joy of pregnancy look awesome!

Surprisingly, Utah County doesn't have that many pro/amateur photographers to choose from. Just kidding! There is actually a humiliating (yes, somehow it is humiliating) amount of people with heavy cameras who take pictures of babies in galvanized tubs, brides showing their non-white wedding shoes, and engaged couples sitting in abandoned trains. Sloan and I decided to call around and test run a few photographers by doing a themed shoot with each of them. We are both pretty dynamic people, and there are so many facets in our life that we want the photo shoot to reflect, that we thought we'd kill two birds with one stone by testing photogs and themes simultaneously!!!!

Shoot 1: Not many people know this, but Sloan and I love to dance ballet. Our photographer # 1 Braelynne loves dance too, so I told her to do whatever she could to capture our love of dance through the lens. She did great!! LOVE!!


I wanted our next shoot to be pure and simple. I wanted the baby to be the focus. Photog # 2 Brennaleeanne was so ready to make this moment in our lives special. It was truly a beautiful experience.


Even though we love to do things like have fondue parties and ride on tandem bikes, Sloan and I are pretty hardcore. We love bands like Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold. We wear ill-fitting knit hats and ironic/obscene shirts from Hot Topic (LOVE their socks!!). Photographer #3 Brittanylynn really helped us show our no-nonsense side. Because I just loved how shoot #2 had turned out, I told Brittanylynn to go wild with the processing, and she really took some amazing risks. Photoshop goddess!!:


I wanted our final shoot to be pretty candid. Some of history's most beautiful photos have been shots that show a person in their true life, no posing, no nothing. So, photographer #4, Tacie-BreeAnne, simply followed me around for a day to capture me doing the things I love, the things I hate, and in some cases, just things.


The only sad thing about all of this is that, instead of helping us narrow things down, these sample shoots have just made the decision that much harder for Sloan and me. Ugh!!

9 comments:

  1. You crack me up!!! Love these photos - you're both so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha you kill me. when i saw the small icon at first i thought it was a real picture... glad to see that... eh hem, stunning maternity photos julia :) love them! glad utah has a wealthy supply of photogs - otherwise we would never have been graced with these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remind my maternity days. They are awesome. but I could not catch the days like you. Nicely cropped photos.
    -Business Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh c'mon! Post some really ones!! Very funny post though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA I LOVE awkward pregnancy photos! Its one of my faves! right up there with 'people of walmart' and 'cake wrecks'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh!!!! these are crazy but so funny!
    are you going to post real ones???? please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just peed my pants you made me laugh so hard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. julia, you definitely outdid yourself with this one. i laughed out loud MULTIPLE times; and the watermelon and gun . . . KILLED ME. boy i feel sorry for your next post. how will it ever measure up??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to look at these again. Lol! I think the dancing one is my favorite, but on the plus side, I think you could pull off brown hair pretty well.

    ReplyDelete