Sunday, September 25, 2011

sPaRkLe TiMe

Hey everyboday!!!! Julia here! How we doin tonight? Let me hear ya say, "Yeah!"

You may be wondering why I'm in such a good mood. It's because my little man took me and littlest man to a very special event yesterday in Salt Lake. *drumroll*



When Sloan first told me about the Gem Faire coming to town, I already knew it would be magical for several reasons:  1.) The fact that they used the Olde English spelling of faire. 2.) The website's inspired banner (see above). 3.) I was fairly certain that the show would have beads, crystals, and rocks!!! ROX! RAWKSSSS!!!!!!

And, dear reader, Gem Faire 2011 did not disappoint.

1/150th of the show, my friends. 1/150th.
Some alternative names for the Gem Faire:

  • Julia M. Rehder's Wildest Dreams Faire
  • Reinforcing Gender Stereotypes Faire
  • Paralyzed with Indecision Faire
  • YOU WANT SHINY WE GIVE YOU SHINY Faire

I had to leave my cash in the car and keep my hands in my pockets in order to avoid financial ruin, divorce, and/or prison time. And it was hard, but I managed to walk out of there without any merchandise, stolen or otherwise. For the most part.

Stones! Beads! Geodes! Oh my! But more than anything, I just wanted to buy a dozen loose stones so that I can keep them in a small velvet pouch in order to pretend to be an adventurer by pouring the jewels into my hand and exclaiming, "Egads! Crazy Pete was telling the truth! Old Yellow Beard's treasure is hidden in these mountains! We're gonna be rich!!"

However...loose, faceted diamonds, emeralds, and rubies cost more than the $60 in my bank account, so I'll just have to save up for next year.

On a similar, but unrelated note: GLITTER

WHEN I SAY GLITTER YOU SAY PUMPKIN!

GLITTER! (PUMPKIN!)


GLITTER! (PUMPKIN!)


WHEN I SAY GLITTER YOU SAY OWL!

GLITTER! (OWL!)


 GLITTER! (OWL!)

1 comment:

  1. That is the most genuine, happy, jovial Julia face I have ever seen. In case anyone's failed to meet the REAL Jules, that's YOU!!!--Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete