Because my fresh as hell image is an important part of my life, I should be all like, "Psssh, horsies? Pocket kitten? So pedestrian."
But I can't fight this. I DO think that a poster of a baby sitting in a paint can and clapping for joy is undeniably adorable. I do. And I WOULD like to hang it in my room to look at on rainy afternoons when nothing else seems to be going my way. But as much as I like uncool stuff, I still really want to be cool, like hipster cool. I want to be cool like Ira Glass. I want to be cool like Brooklyn. Cool like big scarves and buying local. Cool like Scott Pilgrim and atheism and men's v-necks. Antiques. Existential angst. Sea salt.
|This is what hipsters look like, Mom.|
I love babies playing saxophones and kittens hanging on to a wire with the caption "Hang in There!!" But I have also fallen for the charms of irony, and now I want to wear Ray Bans and draw pictures of lumberjacks. Dilemma. ANYWAY, I'm not just a thinker, I'm a doer:
Ideas for Posters of Animals in Wacky Situations That Hipsters Will Like
- Hamster wearing horn-rimmed glasses while reading "Catcher in the Rye"
- Steampunk panda
- Tiger cubs in suspenders feeding on a Republican.
- Baby monkey playing ukelele version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- Clown fish with handlebar mustache riding a bike with a basket on the front
- Baby snakes at an Arcade Fire concert
- Bunnies in fishnets and vintage lingerie
- Prairie dog in Vans and an American Apparel hoodie high-fiving a Corgi at the Occupy Wall Street protest
- Armadillo eating a gluten-free cookie
I don't want to jinx it, but I really think I'm getting there.
I'll get there.
I can feel it.