Even though I'm fairly certain you have never accessed the internet once in your entire life, Nanny, I will still wish you a happy birthday right here on this blog. Be expecting my call this afternoon to discuss how the baked apples tasted this time around.
Other ways to tell that I am from the South:
- I do not pronounce the words "pen" and "pin" differently (because seriously there is just no difference in the sound of those words okay I don't know what everyone else is hearing when they say it)
- Mosquito bites aren't just mosquito bites; they are a lifestyle.
- My friends' parents wouldn't let their kids associate with others unless those kids had "accepted Jesus into their life as their Savior and Redeemer"
- My fourth grade teacher let us watch the OJ verdict in class and threw us a "Free at Last" pizza party when he was acquitted (this is not a joke)
- I didn't know that wrastling was actually pronounced wrestling until I was about 13 years old
EDIT: Talked to Nanny and here are the updates:
- "We got down there and just went wild at Cracker Barrel!"
- "After eatin' everythin' in sight in Tullahoma, we got to shoppin'. I've just been celebratin' mah birthday all over the place!"
- "I don't know if ya heard tha news or not, but I sent out mah Christmas cards yesterdee, so be on the lookout."
- "I sure do appreciate this call, but I have got some birthday recoverin' to do, Juju."