Friday, December 9, 2011

Craftmaster

So a quick summary of the past couple of weeks: we got a Christmas tree and Ward rolled over and I did some laundry and there was this wind storm and Sloan made it into dental school or whatever but the BIG NEWS is that I made a hat! I made a hat! I made a hat from yarn! It was a beanie for Ward! And I didn't need any help! Just me, my yarn, and that lady on Youtube with her slow-motion crocheting videos! 

I know in the picture the beanie looks just a little too big, but it's not. HAHA NOT AT ALL. He looks so normal in it and everything because it's so NOT too big for him!! LOL in fact it might be a little too small! Yeah! Way too small! It squeezes his little head so hard that his ears have stopped growing!! HAHA so it's definitely not too big okay?! 

 

And no it never rolls up in weird ways that would make him look like a baby KGB agent or a tiny newsboy. That'd be totally stupid! And we wouldn't take him out in public with that sort of hat on!

But, if for some reason, we did take him out to a restaurant wearing his creepy hat, we'd probably give him some ice water through a straw to see how he liked it. But I don't even know why we're talking about this because that would never happen!!







8 comments:

  1. Teresa Richardson on Crochet Geek channel, am I right? Bahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha I used that same lady's video to make MY beany just a couple of weeks ago!!! Oh and that boy is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? I was so proud of being clever enough to use YouTube for it! UGH

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little homemakin' mama!--Zannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get enough of baby Ward...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and you should have seen the hats that I've tried to make. Rachel crocheting hats = huge mess. I'm sticking to leg warmers and scarfs for now...yours is awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really talented and Ward is such a cutey. And congrats to Sloan and you guys! Can't wait to hear more details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD JOB!! The hat looks so good! And I love the color! and the cute smile at the end of your post:) and CONGRATS to Sloan for getting into school! We have been wanting to see how his interview went, lets get together soon. Congrats to baby Ward for rolling over too!!! Wow, lots happening in your corner!

    ReplyDelete