Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How to make a baby quilt!

Step 1: Try to crochet.
Step 2: Cry a lot while teaching yourself from a book.
Step 3: Punch the wall.
Step 4: Get the hang of crocheting.
Step 5: Fall asleep on yarn pile.
Step 6: Put squares together and realize you've spent three weeks on a "quilt" that's more the size of a poncho. It's a quoncho.
Step 7: Cry some more.
Step 8: Add fringe.
Step 9: Wait until you're mostly done. Then take pictures.


Lots of pictures.


If there's one thing you've learned from Etsy, it's that a quoncho is only as good as the surface upon which it is draped.



Drape that quoncho.


Keep draping, it'll look good sooner or later.


DON'T STOP NOW.

 

DRAPE.

 

DRAPE.


DRAAAAAAAAAAAPE.


*sigh*


7 comments:

  1. What have you done to my dog?!?! Limp Bruiser, limp away!
    It actually looks really good juju! Next step, learn how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! It looks very good. I haven't ventured into quoncho territory. Only earflap hats. Equally frustrating when you're too poor to buy a $4.00 pattern to make your life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it looks great!! I can only crochet straight lines, or beanies- that's the end of my abilities with yarn. Good job!! I like the picture on the treadmill the best- it looks good in the sunlight:)oh and on the mailbox:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who you guys are but this has got to be the funniest blog I have read in a very long time. Before you get totally creeped out (too late) and turn your blog private I was blog hopping from Brad and Connie Ray's blog...so perhaps you guys know them... I am not sure they would vouch for us/me but at least you know I am not too random of a person. I went to BYU...not sure that really helps too much actually. The best post was the post about you guys making fun of your little sister...or someone's little sister. I laughed out loud...by myself....Anyway, I am probably going to regret writing this comment in the morning but its past midnight where I live and right now it seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know this blog person or Brad & Connie Ray. I did go to BYU, too, though. Thank you random commenter. You made my day.

      Delete
  5. Exciting!! You are not a creep! At least not the kind of creep that I mind having around.

    ReplyDelete