Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Golden Child

Sloan has a younger sister named Mikyn (MY-kin). I've maybe talked about her before. She lives here in Utah and goes to BYU, so we get to see her a lot. And since Sloan and I are both super smart, we're really good at teasing her. We don't really feel bad though, because Mikyn is the youngest and has therefore lived a charmed life.
Can you figure out which one she is? Wild guess.

Mikyn is really just the perfect target for my jealousy brand of humor. For one thing, she hates it when I swear. What? Who hates swearing? Mikyn, that's who. And yes, I may swear, but at least I'm not tagged in 1,249 photos on Facebook...posing like this.


(Don't mind the watermark. I meant for it to be there. DID YOU HEAR THAT, PICTURECOLLAGESOFTWARE.COM? I DON'T MIND THE WATERMARK. YOU'LL NEVER GET ME TO UPGRADE FROM MY TRIAL VERSION.)

Anyhooooo, when Mikyn hangs out with Sloan and me, it's like she has a target on her forehead. Any story she tell us pretty much goes like this:

Mikyn: So when I was at Walmart yesterday--
Julia: OHMAHGAH! You went to Walmart?? You so crazy Mikyn! *googly eyes*
Sloan: Mikyn's gone wild! Goin to Walmart! *high fives Julia*
Mikyn: Um...anyway, when I was there, I saw this lady--
Sloan: *jumps up from couch* OH NO YOU DIDN'T. OH NO YOU DIDN'T. You saw a LADY??
Julia: *fake phone dial* Hello, 911? Did you know that there's a LADY loose at Walmart???
Sloan: Good one, baby! *high five*
Mikyn: Well, she was in line in front of me and--
Julia: *spits out drink* WHAT?!
Sloan: Whoa whoa whoa. WAIT. EVERYONE SHUT UP! *pause* *takes Mikyn by the shoulders* You were in LINE? BEHIND HER? *faints onto couch*
Mikyn: Geez, never mind.
Julia: Hey now, Mikyn! We're just teasing you... *goes in for hug*
Sloan: Yeah, we're just having a little fun. We're sorry. Continue on with your story, we're listening.
Mikyn: Oh, okay...sorry, I just...I don't know. No biggie. Anyway, so as the cashier was checking her out, this lady--
Julia: BORING. *flops onto floor snoring* Geez, Mikyn, are all of your stories about Walmart?
Sloan: Yeah! *high five*

You may be thinking that Sloan and I are over the top with Mikyn, but did I mention that she got a horse for Christmas one year? So...you know. Don't feel bad for her.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha takes breath....hahahahaah.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mikyn. This post made me realize how much I miss you. You are such an easy target you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does every church building have that same ugly couch? Why has it been in every building for the last 20 years? Do they ever get cleaned? Gross.

    ReplyDelete