Thursday, August 30, 2012

Nothing New...

The Scene: Julia and Sloan are in bed. Julia is sitting up, playing winning a game on her cell phone. Sloan is lying down with his his arms behind his head and his cell phone on his chest. He reaches over and picks up his glasses from the nightstand. He puts them on and taps a button on his phone. BEEP

Sloan: Ahem.*speaking into phone* It is Monday, August 27th, 2012. Dear Diary, hello. It is me, Sloan.
Julia: *staring at Sloan*
Sloan: Today was an okay day. The breakfast they served us at orientation was kind of gross, but they had a lot of hash browns, which was pretty cool.
Julia: *still staring at Sloan*
Sloan: *presses button on phone* BEEP  *turns to Julia* Why are you staring at me? What is it?!
Julia: *perplexed* What are you doing?
Sloan: *exasperated* What does it look like I'm doing? I'm keeping an audio diary using my phone's recorder.
Julia: I can see that, I'm just wonder--
Sloan: *takes off glasses* If you can see that, then why did you ask?
Julia: *surprised* I don't know, I guess I was just--
Sloan: Sweetheart, I have a lot to cover in this journal entry. Can we talk about this later? *puts on glasses* BEEP  Sorry diary, I'm back. Julia has been getting on my nerves a lot lately. I've been trying really hard to be patient though, so that's good.
Julia: *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. seriously you crack me up and despite your warning that we wouldn't want to hang out with you guys since you claim you're boring or something like that in real life...we want to have you guys over some time for dinner. i talked to tams and she assured me that you're full of it...that we'd have fun together. so whatdaya say? is this the creepiest dinner invite you've ever experienced? my husband's a really good cook. okay, now this is getting creepy. we have candy. come on over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is a good cook you say? I didn't really read anything besides that, so yes. Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete