- It's really hot and windy out here. Have you ever felt hot wind? I hadn't until the first time I stepped outside the airport here; it literally feels like someone is blasting you in the face with a hairdryer. And while that might sound refreshing, it's not. It's not refreshing.
|How Sloan looks when we go outside.|
|How I look when we go outside.|
- Driving through Las Vegas on the main interstate, I-15, will pretty much explain the birds and the bees to your kids if they look at the billboards. Those things get pretty freaky pretty fast.
|I added those smiley faces. |
You're welcome. And I'm sorry.
- Palm trees are everywhere out here, and they make everything seem more luxurious. Palm trees in front of Burger King, palm trees in front of WalMart, palm trees in front of adult bookstores (adult bookstores, my mom explained to me as a kid, were where elderly people like to shop for books without noisy kids running around. Adults can be such snobs!)
- People here still have/use wet bars in their houses, just like they still have/use Ed Hardy apparel. And platform tennis shoes.
- Dirt and rocks. Dirt and rocks.
- People are really friendly out here. I was kind of assuming over 75% of the people I interacted with would be drunk at all times, but it's really closer to 50%.
- IT'S A GREAT DAM PLACE