Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Things We Do for Love

Some evenings when Ward is asleep and it's been a long day, Sloan and I will just sit in the same room and not say a word to each other. It's a nice time to wind down. He'll be on his phone playing some weird Japanese baseball game, and I'll be on my computer reading about Snooki's birth story philosophy and politics.

Other evenings when Ward is asleep and it's been a long day, Sloan and I will just sit in the same room. And Sloan will bother me.

Until I explode.

The Scene: Quietly sitting on the couch after a hectic and loud day with the baby.
Julia: *reading*
Sloan: *playing game on phone* Baby?
Julia: Hm? *still reading*
Sloan: Why are you so mean to me when all I have ever done was love you unconditionally?
Julia: *rolls eyes, continues reading*
*five minutes later*
Sloan: *puts foot on Julia's leg, wiggles toes* Does this turn you on?
Julia: *continues reading*
*three minutes later*
Sloan: *sings something in Spanish* Did that turn you on?
Julia: *continues reading*
*one minute later*
Sloan: Does it turn you on when I sit and play games on my phone?
Julia: *continues reading*
Sloan: What turns you on more, when I laugh really hard or when I work out really hard?
Julia: *continues reading*
Sloan: Does it turn you on when I drink out of this water bottle *GULPGULPGULP*
Julia: Stop it, Sloan. *continues reading*
Sloan: *slaps couch* Just ANSWER the QUESTION!
Julia: NO. IT'S A STUPID QUESTION.
Sloan: *puts finger in Julia's face* Remember, Julia. We had a DEAL! [Note: Nope. We had no deal. Still have no idea what he was referring to.]
Julia: *continues reading*
Sloan: *from other room* Baaabeeee! Does it turn you on when I yell at you from the other roooooom?

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, somehow this gene is planted in every male that walks the earth I think. I asked Adam the other day why he always trys to annoy me & bother me & why the heck it's so funny & he said "You know...like on the playground when a boy picks on a girl...it's cause I like you so much!" Ugh! Seriously?! Some things never change...so funny.

    ReplyDelete