In between semesters, Sloan was off from school for THREE weeks!! He didn't have a thing to do; no homework, no schoolwork, not a care in the world! He just got to spend all of his time with us at home!
ALL OF HIS TIME.
FOR THREE WEEKS.
Which resulted in the following behavior:
- Constantly pulling me into closets and trying to make out while shouting "SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN!" to Ward who was banging on the door.
- Free-style rapping in real-time about how I was cooking dinner. ("Those rolls look gross, but I'ma try a bite/Yep, they was pretty nasty, but I'ma be alright.")
- After any argument, following me around the house as he held his laptop that was playing "Hard-Headed Woman" by Cat Stevens on repeat.
- Singing "I Think We're Alone Now" while doing some sort of wiggle-shimmy dance every time Ward left the room.
- Playing Assassin's Creed 3, then spending the next hour or so lurking around the house, then crouching on top of the couch/washing machine/bathroom counter until Ward or I walk into the room, then jumping at us from above yelling "ASSASSINATE!"
|A picture of Darth being super selfish.|
|Running around like he's the only person in the world.|
|Doin' whatever the HELL he wants.|
Anyway! Our parents came down to Las Vegas and we all spent Christmas together. Then, when December 27th rolled around, I woke up, looked at my temple clothes hanging on the door, and I realized I couldn't go through with it.
I went through with it. I felt completely assured and relaxed the entire time, in fact. It really made me happy that I did it on my time. I'm especially glad that everyone in my life was totally cool with that, too. Do I wish that my path had been straighter and narrower? Well, yeah. Obviously. What kind of question is that?
December 27th was a lovely day that I would relive a thousand times. I even have a picture of that day on my phone background so that I can gaze lovingly upon my eternal family wherever I go.
Oh! Wait, I got a text...
*shakes fist at sky* MIKYN!!