Thursday, January 16, 2014

Let's Get Down to Business!

(I know what you're thinking after reading that title: "...to defeat..THA HUNZZZ.")

Ahhh, after a nice holiday hiatus and an extra ten pounds, Mama's ready to tackle 2014! Here are a few of my resolutions:

Watch more television. I actually watch about seven hours a day already, so this one's gonna take a lot of commitment!

Wear my sports bra for the right reasons. I don't ever put on my sports bra because I'm about to work out, I put it on because my other bra must be in the washing machine. I suppose now is as good a time as ever to put it on in anticipation of...you know...exercise.

Like Doctor Who. I've been chasing the Dr. Who bandwagon for years now, but have yet to get close enough to jump on it. However, everyone in my life who (whom?) I consider cool loves that guy, so here's to watching more episodes in an effort to get hooked (also known as voluntary brainwashing)!

Cry less during sentimental moments in movies, and more during sentimental moments in real life. This is something that Ward is good at, so I really look to him for my crying cues. I don't know how he does it, but that kid remains stone cold whenever we watch team Jamaica carrying their bobsled across the finish line in Cool Runnings, which is something I consider a superhuman feat. He also does not give one hot damn about Aladdin's decision to feed those street orphans after all of the trouble he went through to steal his bread. Everyone else cries at that part, too, right? RIGHT.

Be an early riser. This is probably the dumbest of my resolutions, because why on earth would anyone get out of bed sooner than they absolutely have to (which, for me, is when I hear Ward breaking apart the slats of his crib)? However, it would be nice to wake up in a way other than having a four-pound soggy diaper plopped onto my face by a grinning two-year-old with dragon breath.

Eat less cheese. JUST KIDDING HAHA this is America and no communists are taking away MY cheese. VIVA LA CHEEZE.

So there ya go! Now I just gotta print out this list and hang it on--wait, it's JANUARY 16TH? When did THAT happen?

*sigh* Welp, too late for this year.

2015, I'm comin' for ya!

9 comments:

  1. Julia- I am just a random girl from Ohio that has been reading your blog for a long time now, I am really such a creeper, and I just have to tell ya that you crack me up. I read, like, 4 blogs, and I don't know how I found yours, but I am so glad I did. I have never left a comment because I don't have my own blog so I feel like I am a poser in the blog world but your resolution post deserves some love. I literally have some of the same resolutions, especially more TV and Dr. Who which go wonderfully hand in hand. The things on that show just are so strange. I am a stay at home mom that is currently addicted to Criminal Minds and I think my 2 month old is going to be a serial killer because her newborn brain is filled with this show all day (until my husband comes home and I delete all the episodes I DVRed all day so he won't find out my dirty secret). Wow, this is probably the best first comment anyone has ever made. Anyway I think you're cool and now you know I stalk you. On instagram too. Thanks! Meghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Meghan! I too have an addiction to crime procedurals, more specifically Law & Order. That's my JAM! I'm glad you've mustered the courage to make yourself known.

      Delete
    2. " I think my 2 month old is going to be a serial killer because her newborn brain is filled with this show all day" Haha this is the most hilarious comment. Maybe you should start a blog yourself!

      Delete
  2. Now I'm gonna have that song from Mulan stuck on "repeat" in my head all day. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've missed you!!! Add "update my blog three times a day" to your list! Please? Please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh one suggestion... could you make it easier to read your archives? Like by having months on the side bars? It's hard to binge read your blog when I have to keep pressing older posts older posts older posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make things easier, I totally agree! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  5. You are my FAVORITE. Oh, my gosh. I'm right there with you on getting up earlier than my screaming child with a (most likely) poopy diaper. I keep thinking I should get up before him, but then I think, "Wait, I could be sleeping right now? Cool." *Konks out*

    ALSO Doctor Who. What's the deal?? Must find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know RIGHT? (This is applicable to everything in your comment.)

      Delete